Welcome to the web site of LDMFA (Lilydale and District Model Flying Association). We are a Remote Control Aeromodelling Club located in the outer-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia.
LDFMA is a growing and vibrant club crossing all age groups and with many members involve in competition at state, national and international levels.
This site has 2 main functions. Firstly to serve as a means of communication and community building within LDMFA. Secondly to share with the wider aeromodelling community through, event reports, technical articles, a picture gallery, news and discussion. This site also contains information about LDMFA, membership information and contact details.
The LDMFA is located at the end of Victoria Road in Yering,
From Chirnside Park, drive along Victoria Road until you reach the right hand turn into McIntyre Lane Continue straight ahead onto a narrower section of road – over the hill and down the other side.
Go past the Melbourne Gun Club. The next entrance on the right is the flying field.
Here is where we are!
When there are no members in attendance the car park gate will be locked.
The field has
- The best flying field in Australia courtesy of a rabbit proof fence around the whole perimeter.
- A dedicated shed for charging battery packs with 12 power points.
- A clubhouse with full kitchen facilities and a member lounge area.
- Undercover pits area with concrete floor, painted lines to mark out safe engine starting areas, worktables and park benches.
- Fenced pilot area.
- When it rains enough, a Billabong that some members report is great for a float plane.
- Starting Tables.
- Dedicated Men’s and Women’s and disabled toilets